Trying to find ways to stay cool during the summer? Well these Top 5 food hacks will sure help you with that! From frozen drinks to frozen snacks, these life-food hacks will help you stay cool for the summer. Enjoy!
Get rid of headaches and anxiety with this hack, not to mention cooling down on a heat filled day.
- 1 cup raw honey
- 12 cups of clean water
- 1 drop of essential oil of lavender
- 6 lemons, peeled and squeezed
- Lavender sprigs for decoration
- Mix all the ingredients together, and chill.
- If you want you can add more water or raw honey; whatever suits your fancy.
Fresh Fruit Pops:
On a diet and want to enjoy something sweet? Let these fruit pops tickle your sweet tooth!
- 3 Cups Watermelon puree (seedless if possible)
- ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- ½ Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1 Kiwi, peeled & sliced
- 1 Peach or Nectarine, diced small
- Handful fresh, pitted and chopped Cherries *
Also you will need some sort of popsicle molds for this*
- Add cut up fruit in the mold
- Pour coconut water or orange juice in the mold to fill it up
- Freeze filled molds overnight or until solid
Dark Chocolate Super Bites:
Again craving something sweet, but still want the nutrition? Follow the steps in this super yummy, cool for the summer recipe!
- about 8 oz of dark chocolate
- assorted dried fruits, chopped nuts, and seeds
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper, or waxed paper, or foil, whatever you have will do just fine.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put in a microwave safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds, and then stir. Microwave for about another 30 seconds, then stir again to completely melt the chocolate. If there are still stubborn lumps, microwave for another short burst of time and stir again.
- Use a spoon to make small rounds of chocolate onto the parchment paper. Let the chocolate drop from the spoon and it will naturally take shape of a more or less rounded form. You can move it along with your spoon if you like. Work with one at a time, and sprinkle each form of chocolate with an assortment of your healthy snacks while the chocolate is still hot. Make them whatever size you like, however, mine were about 2 – 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Let the chocolate set at room temperature, or put the bites in the refrigerator to speed things up.
**NOTE: If you plan to refrigerate the bites it helps to put the parchment paper right on a baking sheet or tray so you can transfer it straight to the fridge when ready.**
Feisty Fishbowl: **Adult Consumption Only**
Poolside and you’re feeling you need to relax even more? Try out this classic summer drink hack, however, it must be consumed responsibly.
- 10 oz. Vodka
- 10 oz. Malibu Coconut Rum
- 6 oz. Blue Curacao
- 12 oz. Sweet & Sour
- 20 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 32 oz. Lemon Lime Soda
- Swedish Fish
- A few drops of Blue Food Coloring
- Pour all of the Nerds into the bottom of your fish bowl, or whatever glass bowl you have handy.
- Proceed by putting the desired amount of alcohol in.
- Add a few cups of ice into it and top it off with your Swedish Fish and/or Gummi Sharks.
- You can also slice a few lemon wedges to decorate the top off.
Easy Oreo Puddin’ Pops:
To top off our Top 5 favorite hacks to stay cool this summer, here’s something sweet. These Puddin’ Pops are sure not to disappoint.
- 1 box White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 2 cup Milk
- 6 Popsicle Sticks
- 6 Dixie Cups
- Break up 10 Oreos into small crunch-like pieces.
- Add milk to pudding mix and stir.
- Add Oreo pieces to pudding.
- Put 6 Oreos in food processor and crush, or you can put them into a plastic baggie, then roll with a rolling pin.
- Put pudding mixture into dixie cups and top with crushed Oreos.
- Place stick in the dixie cups and place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
- You can optionally also put crushed Oreos in bottom of cup, to create a bottom layer of crust, before adding pudding if desired.
- When finally chilled, remove the dixie cup carefully & Enjoy
Check Our Post for The Ultimate Guide For Beach Fun: 13 Essential Things Must Bring